Grove Teacher Surprised with Hero in the Classroom Award
4th grade teacher Michelle Jackson won the award presented by Symetra, Gallagher Benefit Services and the Chicago Bears.
Grove Avenue Elementary School teacher Michelle Jackson received a huge surprise on Sept. 20.
Principal Dr. Cindy Kalogeropolous interrupted her class along with representatives from the Heroes in the Classroom program. The group announced that Jackson had won the award and presented her with a slew of prizes.
Jackson was selected for the award because she continues to go above and beyond in her role as a teacher and makes a difference in the lives of children.
Jackson was awarded with:
- $1,000 donation to Grove Avenue School
- "Heroes" award certificate
- Two tickets to a Bears regular season game
- In-game video recognition
- Pre-Game VIP sideline experience
- School visit by sponsors to recognize their achievement
Watch our video to see Jackson's reaction to the award and learn more about why she was nominated.
To learn more about the program, visit symetraheroes.com