Are your kids counting down the hours until school is out? Do you have a family tradition of doing something special on the last day of school to kick off your summer fun? Whether you are dreading the end of school or thoroughly looking forward to summer break, the last day of school is a great opportunity to have some fun and make some memories. So parents, take the day off if you can and have some FUN!
Here are some creative ideas on how to celebrate.
- 5 Ways to Celebrate the Last Day of School like hosting an impromptu neighborhood firepit party or cooking your kids favorite meal together.
- My friend Cindy from the Shesparkles blog met her kids at the front door with a banner last year and some games. She also suggests handing out Hawaiian leis to kick off the summer fun.
- Nicole Feliciano from Momtrends suggests picking up the kids from school and heading out on a quick, unplanned getaway. Pack just the essentials and keep the destination a surprise.
- A Patch.com reader, Monique Z., commented on one of my posts last year that her family celebrates with a trip to Ben & Jerrys on the last day of school.
- Readers over at Cozi.com offered some great suggestions for the last day of school. I love the idea of an outdoor movie night and s'mores.
- If you are a teacher or room Mom, check out this post I wrote for VolunteerSpot.com on Last Day of School Classroom Party Ideas.
Finally, need a cute and easy Teacher's Gift? You'll find a ton of easy, inexpensive, and unique teacher's gift ideas here.
Do you do something special on the last day of school with the kids? How do you celebrate?
Sue Kirchner is a family fun coach, kids party planner, and weekly contributor to Patch.com. Sue and her family fun ideas have been featured on TV, newspapers, magazines, blogs, as well as her own family fun site ChocolateCakeMoments.com.