Parents, are your children looking for something fun to do on New Year's Eve?
Why not drop them off at the Libertyville Sports Complex for the first-ever New Year’s Eve All Night Party?
The event is being hosted by the Libertyville 12U Orange baseball team and will be chaperoned by team parents, said Colleen Scopacasa, one of the event organizers.
Open to children in fifth through eighth grades, the night will feature a DJ from the Music Now DJ Group, which is part of Improv Playhouse in Libertyville, along with activities and food. The children will be able to use the sports facilities on the first floor of the Libertyville Sports Complex, including the climbing wall.
The cost is $60 per child, with additional siblings at $40 each.
"It's affordable, and it's open to everybody in that age range," said Scopacasa, noting that the event isn't open only to Libertyville residents. School districts all over the area—including in Gurnee, Grayslake, Lake Forest and Deerfield—have included the event flier in their virtual backpack or community news.
"it's going to be a great night," said Scopacasa. "It's going to be a lot of fun."
It's a true community effort, Scopacasa said. Take a look at the local businesses that are contributing to the event:
- Bagels by the Book, Libertyville, is providing bagels.
- Steve Olson Printing & Design, North Chicago, created and printed the event fliers and posters.
- Domino's, Libertyville, is partnering with the event organizers to provide pizza.
- Slammers, Lake Forest, and Impact Sports Performance at IBJI, Highland Park, are promoting the event on their websites and sending out email blasts.
- Tranel Financial Group, Libertyville, is promoting the event on their electronic billboard.
The event is limited to 300 children. For information on how to register, visit the New Year's Eve All-Nighter Facebook page.
Proceeds from the event will help the Libertyville 12U Orange baseball team fund a trip to a week-long youth baseball tournament in Cooperstown, NY.
Sign up for our free newsletter to get Patch in your inbox.