Facebook.com is a great way to stay in touch with friends and family, but it's also serving as a platform for sharing favorite recipes. Some of the dishes are delish, and others don't live up to the endorsements.
Here’s a new recipe to try as the weather gets cooler:
1 lb. Italian sausages (use spicy to get that signature Olive Garden flavor)
4-6 russet potatoes, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1/4 cup REAL bacon pieces (optional)
2 tbsp. minced garlic (about 3-4 cloves)
32 oz. chicken broth
1 cup kale or Swiss chard, chopped
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tbsp. flour
1. Brown sausage in a sauté pan.
2. Place sausage, chicken broth, garlic, potatoes and onion in slow cooker.
3. Add just enough water to cover the vegetables and meat.
4. Cook on high 3-4 hours (low 5-6 hours) until potatoes are soft. 30 minutes before serving.
5. Mix flour into cream removing lumps.
6. Add cream and kale to the crock pot, stir.
7. Cook on high 30 minutes or until broth thickens slightly.
8. Add salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste.
Source: FB Friends Recipes