For those who haven't checked it out, Pinterest is a popular social media outlet that allows users to "pin" to virtual boards. Patch.com took a look at some of the most popular fall cocktails shared in recent days on Pinterest. Here is what we found:
- Spiked Mulled Apple Cider: This apple cider-with-a-kick is spiked with spiced rum, vanilla and orange. Check out Jenny Steffens Hobick's blog here to get the full recipe.
- Revel Cocktail: This plum-colored cocktail is garnished with bourbon-soaked cherries. The recipe is posted on the 100 Layer Cake blog.
- Sparkling Champagne Cider: Apple cider and pumpkin pie spice are married with champagne in this fall-inspired cocktail.Check out this very easy recipe on the Style Me Pretty blog.
- Death by Pumpkin Cocktail: The name alone is intriguing. You will need pumpkin ice cream, chocolate liqueur, rum, simple syrup and cinnamon to make this death by pumpkin cocktail a reality. The full recipe can be found the Hungry Couple blog.
- Apple Cider Sangria: A little bit of summer is mixed with fall in this Apple Cider Sangria. You will need brandy, apple cider, apple juice, apples and lemon juice. Sangria makes for a great party drink since you can prepare it a head of time. This Apple Cider Sangria recipe can be found on The Hip Hostess blog.
Standing Stone Brewery in Ashland, Oreg., shared directions for making the syrup on its blog. This is the brewery's mojito recipe:
- Fresh Mint, 3-4 large leaves, chopped
- ½ Lime, cut into small slices
- 1 ½ oz. Bacardi Light Rum
- ½ oz. Canton Ginger Liqueur
- Blackberry Simple Syrup
- Soda Water