The 's annual Sidewalk days returns this weekend from July 26 through 28.
"It's one of the biggest events of the year for the Barrington community," Janet Meyer, Executive Director of the Barrington Area Chamber of Commerce said. Stores throughout the community as well as outdoor vendors will line the sidewalks of downtown as well as the Ice House Mall, village shops, Shops on Lageschulte, The Foundry and along Route 14.
"It's more than stores offereing huge discounts, though," Meyer said. "It's almost a carnival atmosphere, with so many things going on during the three days. From a chalk art contest open to all ages, individuals and families, to art demonstrations, a car show, farmer's market, the Summerfest celebration at McGonigals, even a game of hopscotch."
Those attending the Sidewalk Days event won't have to worry about walking to the various locations. The free "Shop 'til You Drop" trolley service will be running a continuous loop through Barrington's five shopping districts with pickups at (105 Cook St.), (The Foundry), (400 Lageschulte St.), (Ice House Mall) and (150 W. Main St.).
There are several free events to take advantage of from Thursday through Saturday.
- Outdoor oil-painting demos and cartooning demo
- Chalk art contest for all ages
- Children's coloring contest and crafts hosted by the Barrington Cultural Arts Center
- Kids Bin art sale
- Metal Manipulation Workshop
- Pet adoption by Animal House Pet Shelter and Collie Rescue
- In-store hopscotch games
- Friday Cruise Night
- New & Exotic Car Show Saturday at Jewel-Osco
- Big Trucks on Saturday
- Eric the Face Painter
- Farmer's Market on Thursday
- Summerfest at McGonigal's Pub Friday & Saturday nights
Visit www.Shop60010.biz for more information, calendar of events and a list of participating retailers.