Here is our very quick guide to some of the big trends that are anticipated for this year! Following our visit to the Special Events Tradeshow we'll be able to add even more fun updates... stay tuned!
- 2013: Year of the Flower - peonies, roses, and other "forgotten" fillers will come back in a big way. Use one flower as a statement piece to really create an effect. What's great about flowers like peonies and hydrangeas is that a little goes a long way! You can use four of these large flowers for 15 roses.
- Emerald green - Greens of all kinds, but especially emerald green, are very on-trend for the beginning of 2013. Much like how tangerine was the color of last year, this has been popping up since late October in clothing and accessories in a big way. We anticipate many weddings will begin using this color, especially in the summer and fall months.
- Going green - Going green has been around for a long time. Each year, "green" events increase, with many more people looking for online invitations to save paper, renting instead of using disposable items, etc. Incorporating eco-friendly ideas into any event is a great way to love Mother Earth!
- Yogurt - The years of the traditional ice cream shop are out! Yogurt is popping up everywhere in a big (low fat) way. The huge West coast chain, Pinkberry, began this trend in recent years and has expanded to the East coast and Midwest. Perhaps consider serving a yogurt bar instead of a gelato bar at your next big event! We're excited to enjoy some of these healthy treats when the weather begins to warm.
- Stripes - Designers like Oscar de la Renta have brought back lines in a big way. Not only are traditional blue and white stripes such as the Tommy Hilfiger brand back, but also diagonals and zig zags! It will definitely take a brave soul to rock this trend.