It's that time of year again, when the ladies of Community Church of Barrington (CCB) start to bake the thousands of cookies that will be available at the annual Cookie Walk at the Community Church of Barrington, 407 S Grove Ave, Barrington. People come in as early as 9 a.m. for tickets, with the Cookie Walk begining at 10:30 a.m. and lasting until 12:30 p.m.
For $10, each person can fill one pound boxes, circulating through the vast array of homemade cookies, bars, and treats, picking those that they desire. Sterile gloves are provided for a germ free environment.
Don't delay! In 2011, the cookies sold out in just an hour and 20 minutes.
Proceeds from the event are always given to local and regional mission groups selected by the Women’s Fellowship Council of CCB.
Past groups that the Council donated to include:
- Alice Lloyd College, Pippa Passes, KY
- Barrington Township Food Pantry
- Chicago Childrens Advocacy Center
- F.I.S.H, Carpentersville
- Hough Elementary School Christmas Gift Baskets
- Humanitarian Effort in Africa, Kenya
- Moffat Bible College Sunrise Orphans, Kenya
- Lake County PADS Crisis Services
- Race Track Chaplaincy of America, Bensalem, PA
- Samaritan Counseling Center of the Northwest Suburbs, Barrington
- The Night Ministry, Chicago
- Women in Need Growing Stronger (WINGS), Palatine