Looking for light shows that knock your socks off? Here are five suggestions, courtesy of the Illinois Tollway:
- Aurora Festival of Lights, one of the largest free outdoor light displays in Northern Illinois; from the Reagan Memorial Tollway (I-88), exit at Farnsworth Avenue. Presented by the Rotary Club of Aurora.
- Illumination at The Morton Arboretum, an interactive light experience that lets you “see trees in a different light”; from westbound I-88 exit at Illinois Route 53 and from eastbound I-88 exit at Naperville Road.
- Winter Wonderland Holiday Light Show held on the grounds of Loyola University Chicago’s Cuneo Mansion and Gardens in Vernon Hills; from the Tri-State Tollway (I-94/I-294), exit at Townline Road (Illinois Route 60).
- Holiday Magical Light Show at Randhurst Village in Mount Prospect; from northbound I-294 exit at Dempster Street and from southbound I-294 exit at Willow Road.
- Symphony in Lights presented by The Promenade Bolingbrook features 250,000 lights illuminated to the music of Trans-Siberian Orchestra; off the Veterans Memorial Tollway (I-355), take the Boughton Road exit.