The Barrington Countryside Fire Protection District (BCFPD) has completed installation of distinctive new signage at its fire stations in Barrington Hills and Lake Barrington, part of a long-term effort by District officials to upgrade facilities to better serve the public.
The new signs at Fire Station #2, 120 W. Algonquin Road, Barrington Hills, and Fire Station #3, 22222 N. Pepper Road, Lake Barrington, are part of a comprehensive program undertaken by District officials, who saw the need to more clearly identify the locations of the District’s two primary stations.
“The fire station signs are designed to help District residents identify the fire stations that serve them,” explains BCFPD President Tom Rowan. “The signs also make it easier for residents to access emergency services at the stations, if needed.”
For more information about BCFPD fire stations, or to schedule guided tours, call 847-304-3600. “Virtual tours of District facilities are also available on the BCFPD Website, www.bcfpd.org.
Established in 1940, the Barrington Countryside Fire Protection District receives emergency fire and medical service from the Barrington Fire Department, which is responsible for protecting the lives and property of District residents through an intergovernmental agreement between the District and Village of Barrington. The District serves portions of Barrington Hills, South Barrington, Lake Barrington and Inverness; and portions of unincorporated Cook, Lake and McHenry Counties.
The BCFPD Board of Trustees meets the third Monday of each month, 6:30 p.m., at the Barrington Public Safety Building, 400 N. Northwest Highway, Barrington, IL. For more information on District activities and events, visit www.bcfpd.org or call 847-304-3600.