The following incidents were listed among the official reports of the Barrington Police Department. Readers are reminded that an arrest does not constitute a finding of guilt. Only a court of law can make that determination.
- Sheryl D. Gaston, 29, of 7733 South Shore Dr., Chicago, was arrested Nov. 19 for forgery at the U.S. Post Office at 1515 S. Grove Ave., Barrington. She also had an active warrant. Police said a postal employee grew suspicious during a transaction involving a check and called police to investigate. Police confirmed the check was forged. Gaston was taken to Cook County bond call and issued a $25,000 D/bond. The next court date is Dec. 10.
- Theresa Steffy, 64, of 129 S. Wilke Rd., Arlington Heights, was arrested Nov. 23 for DUI, improper lane usage, failure to dim headlights, no insurance, fleeing from a police officer, illegal transportation of alcohol and resisting arrest at Main Street and Dundee Avenue. She was released on bond pending a Dec. 19 court date.
- Police responded to the 200 block of South Dundee Avenue on Nov. 30 for a possible violation of a stalking no contact order.
- Fraudulent debits were made on a business account at 325 North Hough St. on Nov. 29.
- Police responded to the 500 block of West Russell Street on Nov. 28 for domestic trouble.
- Police responded to the 700 block of Concord Lane on Nov. 27 for a domestic dispute.
- A windshield was scratched Nov. 26 while parked in the lot at 1418 South Barrington Road.