Ledyard may join the ranks of more than 40 towns in Connecticut tonight if the Town Council approves a contract with ProAct, a company offering prescription drug discounts to Ledyard residents.
The program, which offers an average savings of about 45% off retail prices will begin in five to seven weeks, according to Mayor John Rodolico. When the program is ready to launch, Ledyard residents will then receive the card in the mail, although Rodolico said Town Hall may receive a small amount to hand out upon request.
The program is offered through the Connecticut Council of Municipalities and is free to Ledyard residents and the card is available to people with or without insurance.
“Even if you have insurance, you can use whichever gets you the best price,” said Rodolico.
Most pharmacies will accept the discount card, including CVS in Gales Ferry. The program also offers discounts on vision services, LASIK and hearing products and services:
Participants can receive the following discounts on eye exams, frames, and contact lenses.
- Eye Exams Up to 20% off the usual and customary fee
- Frames Up to 50% off the retail price
- Lenses Up to 50% off the retail price
- Online Lenses Everyday low pricing and free standard shipping
- For participating providers, visit www.EyeBenefits.com
LASIK Discounts Program Features:
- Save 40-50% off the National Average
- Over 600 locations nationwide
- Credentialed physicians
Hearing Products & Services Program Features:
- Savings of 35-65%
- National network of local ear physicians and audiologists
- Brand name hearing aids and products