Written by Karen Chadra
Barrington was well-represented at the 2013 Bank of America Chicago Marathon on Sunday with 43 runners crossing the finish line.
Here is a look at the top male finishers from Barrington:
- George Sampaleanu, 49, finished with a time of 3:21.47. He finished in 2,819th place overall.
- Robert Scott, 46, finished with a time of 3:33.29. He finished in 4,829th place overall.
- Brian Sheppard, 26, finished with a time of 3:48.45. He finished in 8,262nd place overall.
- Heather Swink, 40, finished with a time of 3:04.33. She finished in 1,186th place overall and 123rd among all women.
- Whitney Laurence, 27, finished with a time of 3:07.59. She finished in 1,435th place overall and 158th among all women.
- Marsha McCreary, 36, finished with a time of 3:49.57. She finished in 8,628th place overall and 2,074th place among all women.
A record 39,115 runners finished the race in Grant Park on Sunday, according to Chicago Marathon officials.
Kenyan runner Dennis Kimetto won the marathon, setting a course record of 02:03:45—53 seconds faster than last year's winning time. Winning on the women's side was Kenyan Rita Jeptoo, who finished in 02:19:15, the fastest women's marathon time in the world this year.
“It was an incredible day at the 2013 Bank of America Chicago Marathon—one where the results from the course reflected the hard work and determination that was put in by the staff, the volunteers and our City of Chicago partners to make the event possible,” said Executive Race Director Carey Pinkowski in a statement.
Source: Bank of America Chicago Marathon searchable results.
Did you compete in Sunday's race? Let us know how it went in the comments section. Do you know someone who participated in the race? Send them a congratulatory message by commenting below.
Amie Schaenzer contributed to this article.