The forecast for the 4th of July is predicted at a steamy 96 degree high in Barrington, according to Accuweather.com. The hot and humid temperatures mean watching the annual 4th of July parade could be sticky and uncomfortable.
Barrington Patch has researched the coolest spots along the parade route to help escape from the heat of the morning sun.
- A large tree shades the north side of the sidewalk at Main Street and Harrison Street.
- A large shady tree sits on the south side of the sidewalk at Main Street and Dundee Avenue.
- Sit under an umbrella at at Lageschulte and Main Streets.
- Several large trees shade the sidewalk on Main Street just west of Hager on the north side of the sidewalk.
- No shade here, but if you don't have your own chair, sit on the steps of , 401 East Main Street.
Other tips to stay cool
- Wear a hat.
- Bring an umbrella to create your own shade.
- Drink plenty of cold water or other non-caffeinated and alcohol free beverages to stay hydrated.
- Wear loose fitting cotton clothing.
The Barrington 4th of July Parade route is down Main Street from Barrington High School to the Metra station. The event starts at 10 a.m.