It's Halloween weekend so go get your fright on.
7th Annual Trick or Treat Trot
Dust off the cobwebs and bring the whole family out for Barrington Breakfast Rotary Club’s 7th annual Rotary Trick or Treat Trot at 8 a.m. Saturday, October 26 at the Lodge at Citizens Park. Registration is available online or onsite at 7 a.m.
There are three events to choose from:
- The Spooky 5k Trail Run/ Fitness Walk will be a hauntingly good time for all. Entry fee is $30.
- Anyone's - 1 mile Trail Course - Young and Old alike. Entry fee is $15.
- 100yd. Dashes for Children 2 to 9 years old. Entry fee is $10.
Costumes are highly encouraged.
Halloween in the Gallery
Celebrate Halloween in an
out-of-the-way funky art gallery from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Saturday, October 26. Yapa
Events, located at 1147 N. Dryden Ave., is one of a kind Street Art inspired gallery is a great spot for crazy
pictures and family fun. Show off your
costume. Decorate a pumpkin. Create an
art-inspired craft. Have fun with Halloween games. Join the costume parade. Remember this Halloween with really cool
pictures. For children ages 5 to
10. Children must be accompanied by an
adult. The cost is $12 per child. Adults
are free. Register at www.YapaEvents.com or here.
This weekend is a perfect time to take in a haunted house. CarnEvil has five different types of haunts under on roof: Clown Asylum, Tomb Laveau, Corny Clowns, Ma Buckners Doll Factory and Midway of the Damned. Blade of Gory is a haunted ice rink that will be open October 24 to 27. There's also a Bug Buffet featuring deep fried roaches, beer battered crickets, chocolate covered worms and more.
- Hours of Operation: Open Friday and Saturdays in October, 7 to 11 p.m.; Sundays, 7 to 10 p.m.; Oct. 30, 7 p.m. to 12 a.m. and Oct. 31, 7 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Location: Sears Centre, 5333 Prairie Stone Parkway, Hoffman Estates, IL
- Admission: Regular admission $35; VIP admission (includes unlimited carnival rides) $60
"The Kill on Old Mill" in Lake Zurich is a haunted house that will give you a good scare. The house, at 115 Old Mill Grove Road, has a yard display that can be viewed throughout the month. Visitors are asked to bring non-perishable food products for people or pets.