Barrington Shoe Service
If you have a broken shoe or a pair in need of repair, Leon Gokhberg at the Barrington Shoe Service can help. Back in 1980, Gokhberg arrived in the US from Europe. Shortly thereafter, a friend asked him to repair some broken shoes, and Gokhberg glady obliged. Ever since, he's been at the Barrington Shoe Service. In addition to shoes, Gokhberg can repair luggage, purses and belts. He also does shoe dying and can repair wedding shoes.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 6pm; Sat, 8am - 4pm; Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Front door is accessible
- Payments accepted: Cash, Personal Check
- Products: Shoe repair, shoe cremes, insoles, leather goods, shoe horns, shoe dye, spray conditioners
- Services: Repair
- Return policy: If you're not happy, Leon will fix it.
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: No
- Parking: On-street: free
- Private events: No
- What makes this community special?: Nice people
- What's a fashion tip that never goes out of style?: Gym shoes and European "pointy" shoes
- Original design / hand-made?: No
- Part of a chain: No
- Number of changing rooms: 0
- Tailoring: No
- Shoe shine: Yes
- How can a customer extend the life of their shoes?: Shoes aren't forever, so Leon recommends using cremes (which he sells at the store) to break down the winter snow and salt build-up on a shoe.