Crabtree Nature Center
Owned by the Forest Preserve District of Cook County, Crabtree Nature Center is a beautiful place to explore and learn about the wildlife in Barrington. The center offers an educational exhibit building and several miles of self-guided trails for the entire family to enjoy. Year round, the center provides dozens of exhibits and programs about nature and wildlife that are free of charge.
- Hours: Mon - Sun, 8am - 5pm (March through last Sat in Oct); 8am - 4pm (last Sun in Oct through February)
- Founding Date: Aug 01 1965
- Parking: Free lot
- Are there any interesting facts about this location?: Crabtree Nature Center sits on more than 1,000 acres of plush Barrington landscape. The location was purchased by the Cook County Forest Preserve District in the mid-1960's to prevent residents from tearing town trees and draining marshes.
- Services: Restrooms, Tours
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No fires, No outside food, No pets, No smoking
- Wi-Fi: None
- Area: 1,000 acres