Stepping into Gene Ann's is like walking into a knitting circle at a friend's house. Barefoot clerks offer instruction to knitters sitting at the community table in the middle of the store. Knitters work their needles and talk, perfectly comfortable in the cozy shop amid yarn in every color of the rainbow stacked to the ceiling on every available wall.
Specializing in selling natural, high-quality yarn and teaching her skills, Gene Ann has everything the beginner or novice knitter could need. With brands like Plymouth, Cascade and Encore, as well as knitting kits for specific items, she can help you with any project your heart desires. For up-to-date class schedules, visit the store's Web site.
- Hours: Tue, Wed, 10am - 5pm; Thu, 10am - 8pm; Fri, Sat, 10am - 4pm; Sun, Mon, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Wheelchair accessible
- Founding Date: Jun 01 1997
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Natural and organic yarns, knitting accessories, knitting classes, instruction
- Services: Classes, Gift certificates, Gift wrapping, Repair, Shipping
- Return policy: Returns are accepted with receipt, except on sale merchandise, needles, books and magazines.
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: No
- Parking: On-street: free
- Private events: Yes